May 23, 2012

Mothers Day (gift)

My momma does not like having her picture taken these days, so I didn't take any of her opening her gifts... but I thought I would share with you her gift :) I came up with the idea off of another idea I saw on Pinterest. This one was more practical for my mom though. A flip calendar of all the birthdays in our family!! We have a huge family so remembering all the birthdays can get pretty tough!

My supplies:

 Pretty cardstock :) 

I used elmers glue, to glue the pretty cardstock to notecards, to make them even thicker and sturdier.
 Can't focus without my Barq's
 I used solid adhesive cardstock on top of the printed cardstock to write on. (or stamp on)
 I purchased these nifty little adhesive stamps for the month cards. (the lady at the craft store was super nice, she let me borrow her entire collection of ink pads so that I would not have to buy a ton for my self!
 Stamp on the solid piece, I trimmed the corners to give it some character :)

 I really like how December came out (Above)

After each month card are the birthdays in order along with a picture of who's birthday it is :)
 Used book rings to put them together and voila!
 I even included some special family members :)

My moms second gift from me, was probably her favorite, I am hoping sometime soon to find another frame similar and put myself and my sisters families in it, so my mom will have her boys in one and her girls in the other :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment