December 1, 2015

Thanksgiving


     This year Thanksgiving was a small event. I started out the day upset and royally ticked off. Every plan that had been made fell through. We were originally supposed to go to Florida and spend the Holiday with our families there. When that fell through we planned on having my oldest brother and his family over. Due to unfortunate events that did not happen either. It took me most of the morning to collect myself and remember what this holiday is all about (well, what it has become) I needed to remember to be thankful for what IS. At that very moment, I am alive. My son is happy and healthy, my husband is there for me. My dad was able to be there. I have a home, and food to eat. I realized that morning to stop relying on every plan to go perfect. (not easy for a planning perfectionist) I am going to try and be more in the moment and go with the flow. Thankfully My dads friends, Brenda & Joe were able to come over, and they helped (Brenda cooked everything for the most part) us prepare our Thanksgiving feast. We got dressed up, turned on football and ate a meal far too big for us (ya know, since a family of 6 didn't show up... its okay, they ate the leftovers when they came at a later date) Kolton had mashed potatoes for the first time, which all he did was spit out. Overall it was a nice day, with friends, food and full of memories :)


xoxo
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment