April 1, 2013

Hico, TEXAS

Last Saturday we decided to drive up to Hico, TX. I had driven through the town just a few days earlier and it looked really interesting.. apparently the town is the center around the Billy the Kid Rumor!

So we made the 2.5 hour drive to visit the town and the Billy the Kid Museum. 
The museum was very small & is run completely from donations. However the evidence they have there is definitely believable. Made Keith and I both believe that Billy the Kid lived on after he was supposedly shot in NM.  If you are ever driving through TX (Dallas/FT. Worth area) & have some spare time, I would definitely recommend visiting the small town of Hico, TX.

After visiting the museum we walked around the historic downtown area peeking in all the old buildings and browsing the antique shops. The town definitely has some of the very best antique shopping I have seen in awhile, had I had room for new things, I could have easily left with a truckload worth of stuff! We finished off the morning with lunch at the Koffe Kup Cafe! Come to find out they have the best pie around, they were rated in the top 40 small town cafes by Texas Monthly! Needless to say we had to give the pie a try. We both got Pecan...... BEST Pecan Pie I have ever had!!!!!!


My finds at the antique stores, even though they are not antiques.....

No comments:

Post a Comment